Monday, April 26, 2010

Weekend Review

This week finds me in Henagar, AL (near Ft. Payne) in revival at the Browntown church. The past few days have been very busy and I have not taken the time to make a post concerning the services that took place in the past few days. First of all, I give God praise for His protection and for His anointing. The presence of God is real; God is not a figment of your imagination nor the creation of man. God is the Creator of all things and we have the awesome privilege to build an on-going relationship with Him. It is no wonder that our hearts cry out praise and adoration to the Lord God Almighty. Let us take a quick review of the weekend services. Friday night found me in Elizabethtown, KY ministering in a Ladies Conference. Yes, you read correctly, I was ministering in the KY State Ladies Conference. The presence of the Lord was awesome as the Lord led me to remind the ladies that each one of them are full of potential and that God is at work in each of their lives and He will complete what He has started in them. The altar was full of those seeking to walk in the strength of the Word of God. I have received reports from those who attended the Conference and each of them have testified to the blessings that the Spirit of God released in the services. Saturday night found me in Collinsville, AL speaking to people from a group of churches in the Collinsville area. Although we encountered and endured some stormy weather the presence of the Lord challenged our hearts. The Lord led me to speak on the need of PRAYER. Most of us are not impressed by those type of sermons because they require a response and commitment on our part. Many in the modern day church are more excited about those things that we receive from God than we are those things that we need to offer to God. The Spirit certainly raised up a strong unction in my heart and I spoke from the depths of my heart. Each of you who read this blog are aware that I have often written about the need for this generation of believers to become people of PRAYER. We must respond to God and become people of supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks (read I Timothy 2:1-4). Sunday found me in the Browntown church with Pastor Tanner and his wife Chris. I have been privileged to be in this church on previous occasions and I always enjoy my trip back to Sand Mountain. Once again the presence of the Lord was evident in the service through the music and songs of worship. Do you realize that sincere praise and worship opens the door for the presence of God? The Spirit reminded us that we do have some where to go when the challenges of life crowd in around us. We do have someone to trust in and His name is Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. People responded to each of the altar invitations and I was blessed as they began to release their needs into the hands of the Lord. God desires to reach out to us at our point of need. We must learn to trust Him more every day and watch His presence manifest in our daily lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment