Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Waiting on God

Psalm 38:15, "I wait for you, O Lord; you will answer, O Lord my God." (NIV) 

Each of us can identify the challenge we face as we wait on God to send an answer to us during our time of need.  We are susceptible to the feelings of fear, frustration, and even desperation as we wait patiently on God to work His plan on our behalf.  The patient waiting can be waiting in which we are learning to trust God with all of the circumstances of our life and not just a specific situation.  I will be the first one to admit that "patient waiting" is not one of my strongest characteristics.  I am a person of resolve and action.  I am a person that wants to take the "bull by the horns" and discover the solution to the problem.  I am a person that looks for answers in the quickest manner possible.  But I am learning that there is strength and courage that can be found in patiently waiting for God to fulfill His purpose and plan in all that I say and do.  I have not reached the full growth or maturity in this area of my life but I do feel that I am making progress one step of faith at a time.

Patient waiting does not mean that I stop praying; rather patient waiting means that I am trusting in the fact that God has my best interest on His heart as He continues to work in my life.  I am learning to allow the presence of God to refresh and nourish my life.  I am also learning that it is not my responsibility to make things happen; I must learn to wait to see what God is doing and then submit to His direction and guidance.  I am learning that God is working even when I am not able to discern or even recognize His visible presence at work.  These moments are moments in which I am learning about God but I am also learning about myself.  I use these moments to measure the growth and maturity of my faith.  I am not always satisfied with those measurements but I do understand that God is calling for patient faith that will trust Him regardless of what events that we are facing in our individual lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment