Friday, June 1, 2012

Words & Actions

A few days ago I participated in an "email" conversation with a friend of mine. We were discussing various ideas and sharing our thoughts concerning these subjects. One of the subjects that we were discussing dealt with our personal character and how it relates to our Christian witness. We came to the conclusion that our actions need to match our words. It is easier to talk the talk than it is to walk the walk. Words are easy to declare but making the decision to take appropriate actions is based on our solid commitment to Christ as the Lord of our lives. Our daily walk needs to match those things that we declare to be the Truth. I finished that conversation with a renewed determination to make sure that my actions match my words. I read a portion of a poem that spoke to my heart and I would like to share it with you. "You are writing a gospel, a chapter each day; By things that you do; By things you say. Others read that gospel, whether faithless or true! Say! What is the Gospel According To You?" Is our life revealing the message of the Gospel?

No comments:

Post a Comment