Thursday, July 26, 2012

Obedience

“He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being taught. The Sovereign LORD has opened my ears, and I have not been rebellious; I have not drawn back” (Isaiah 50:4-5 NIV). One of my favorite devotion books is "My Utmost for His Highest" by Oswald Chambers. On October tenth, he wrote, “All God’s revelations are sealed until they are opened to us by obedience. You will never get them open them through philosophy or thinking. But once you obey, a flash of light comes immediately. ...Obey God in the thing He shows you, and instantly the next thing is opened up…God will never reveal more truth about himself until you have obeyed what you already know.” I sincerely sense the Spirit speaking to me concerning obedience. During prayer time this morning the Spirit reminded me of my need to completely surrender my life to God. I must continue to develop a "lifestyle of obedience" in which I will place the plan of God for my life above my plan for my life. It is easy for my plan to be driven by fleshly plans and ideas whereas the plan of God is always directed by the purity of God's holiness and righteousness. There is an insurance company that reminds us about " being in good hands" when you purchase insurance from that particular company. Each of us can rest assured that our life is in "good hands" when we surrender our lives to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment