Thursday, September 3, 2015

Noise vs. The Right Voice

I would like to share a portion of an email that I shared with some absentees from last Sundays's service at New River. It is important to discern the "voice" that is leading our lives today. There are many "voices" vying for our attention today and these "voices" seek to influence our thinking and ultimately direct our path of life.

I would like to share a scripture with you that was in one of my devotional readings this morning.

Isaiah 48:17, "Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, The Holy One of Israel: “I am the Lord your God, Who teaches you to profit, Who leads you by the way you should go." (NKJV)

Two things grabbed my attention as I read this passage this morning. First, the number of times that the words "I am" are used in the Bible. These words remind us of the greatness and authority of God. Second, that God will lead us in the right way if we will allow Him to take the lead in our lives. Proverbs 3:5-6 even reveals that promise in a deeper manner. You should read that passage at the first opportunity you have.

There are a lot of "spirits" that seek to lead our lives in this day and time. There is only one Spirit that we can trust and that is the Holy Spirit. But there is so much "noise" in our lives and this "noise" seeks to muffle the voice of the Holy Spirit. We will either listen to the flesh or we will listen to the Spirit. We have to make the choice. We have to ask ourselves this question on a daily basis, "Am I listening to the Voice of the flesh or am I listening to the Voice of the Spirit?"

I would like to encourage each of us to examine the true influences in our lives. It seems to me that many people are deciding to ignore the direction and guidance of God for whatever seems to be working for them at any given moment. It appears to me that we so easily lay aside or completely ignore the principles of the Bible for our own selfish desires and plans. But our earthly decisions do effect our eternal destination. We must make our choices wisely as well as correctly. 

The Spirit of God will lead us if we will take the time to listen for His guidance!!

No comments:

Post a Comment