Thursday, October 19, 2017

#FRIDAY'SALERTS

I feel led to share a portion of some thoughts that I shared with our church family this week. I am thoroughly convinced that far too many believers are "asleep at the wheel of their life." I also believe that the Spirit of God is seeking to awaken the people of God but we have become so captured by the "gods of this world" that we are ignoring the call from Heaven. I do not want to fall prey to these attempts and attacks of satan. The enemy truly desires to interfere with and ultimately disrupt my relationship with Jesus Christ. BUT WE CAN OVERCOME THESE ATTACKS OF SATAN THROUGH THE PRESENCE AND POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT!!


The Spirit has been dealing with my heart during prayer time concerning the tactics, devices, and strategies that satan is using today against the family of God. I want to share one of them with you today. I sincerely believe that satan is using the "spirit of idolatry" to attack the present day church. I know that many of us will initially reject this word because we would be the first person to say that I am not worshiping any other god. We would quickly add that we have not built any idols in our house or yard that would represent any "god" other than the True and Living God. We would openly declare that our heart would never take any such action that would be remotely connected with idolatry. But I truly believe that the present day church has to be alert and aware of this attempt of satan to infiltrate our hearts with passions, desires, plans, ideas, opinions, selfish motives, etc. that seek to replace our pure and genuine love for God. Satan wants us to love other "gods" more than we love the True and Living God. I understand that these are challenging words but the powers of darkness are working very hard to destroy the work of the Kingdom of God. We must seek to draw closer to God so that we can "...be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might." (Ephesians 6:12) I will openly admit that the Spirit challenged my heart on a personal level before He encouraged me to share these words with you. 

Would you take a moment and read these challenging words that Pastor Adrian Rogers shares concerning the presence of idolatry in the modern day world? “You may say, “Well, I’m not guilty of idolatry.” Let’s just see...is there anything that you love more than God? Anything you fear more than God? Anything you serve more than God? Anything you trust more than God? Am I getting hot? You say, “Well, I give God a place in my life.” God doesn’t want a place in your life. Then, you say, “Well, I give God prominence in my life.” God desires more than prominence in your life. God demands preeminence in your life. He will take nothing less. Is there anyone or anything in your life that takes precedence over God? Confess it and repent of it. Now, put on the throne the rightful Master--the Lord Jesus!”

No comments:

Post a Comment