Friday, December 22, 2017

Christmas

We are in the countdown stages as we approach Christmas Day on Monday. There will be a tremendous amount of "moving around" over the next few days as people position themselves to celebrate Christmas. I am convinced that we need to do more than celebrate Christmas. We need to celebrate Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior. Will we take the time to position ourselves to worship our Lord and Savior?

These words are not intended to "rain on" your Christmas plans. These words are simply meant as an encouraging reminder to each of us that Jesus came to this world to redeem us from our sins. Jesus came to deliver us from the power of spiritual darkness. Spiritual darkness will certainly lead us away from God rather than leading us to God!! 

Each of us face the daunting task of keeping the celebration of Jesus Christ in the forefront of our minds and hearts. This is not only true for the season of Christmas but it is also true each and every day of our life. I encourage each of us to take the time somewhere during the "process of Christmas" to meditate on the goodness of God and His provision of Salvation. Our Salvation is provided through the willing sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross of Calvary. The birth of Jesus and ultimately His death may be the FIRST "GIFT CARD" THAT WAS GIVEN TO SOMEONE!!

I would to share a prayer with you. These words spoke to my heart a few days ago. I pray that you will be blessed as well as reminded of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Lord, I thank You for coming to earth so You could redeem me. When I think of the extent to which You were willing to go in order to save me, it makes me want to shout, to celebrate, and to cry with thankfulness. You love me so much, and I am so grateful for that love. Without You, I would still be lost and in sin. But because of everything You have done for me, today I am free; my life is blessed; Jesus is my Lord; Heaven is my home; and Satan has no right to control me. I will be eternally thankful to You for everything You did to save me! I pray this in Jesus' name!  (Rick Renner)

No comments:

Post a Comment