Friday, February 1, 2019

Friday's Reminder

I would like to share a portion of a letter that I wrote to our local congregation a few days ago. I have said it often but I will say it once again; "God is speaking to His people, BUT will we (I) take time to listen?" I also believe that the challenges of this day are requiring the people of God to reconnect themselves with the life changing power of the Word of God. The Spirit reminds us in the Book of Hebrews that the Word of God is "alive and powerful." I openly declare that I believe the Word of God is alive as well as powerful.

Good morning on this “Spring” day in January!! The only problem is that Winter is waiting in the wings to return tomorrow. Do we fully realize that “Jesus is waiting in the wings to return at some point in the future? This knowledge should be encouraging us to be prepared for that moment through living close to God in this present moment. Monday during prayer time the Holy Spirit placed several scriptures in my heart and today those same scriptures were placed in my heart. I feel led to share some of them with you this morning.

Ephesians 6:12,For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.” (NIV) I truly believe that we are seeing the reality of this scripture happening in our nation at this very moment. It seems very evident that Christianity is under attack. We see the freedom to believe sound Biblical Truths being challenged in the business world. The Government continues to press its way into the education system as well as the “church” world. Even our Vice President and his wife have been under attack because of their beliefs over the past few days. Is it possible that these attacks upon Christianity could end up knocking on the door of our lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment