Friday, June 28, 2019

Good morning on this bright and sunny day! The past few weeks have presented us with many cloudy, dreary, rainy and stormy days. But even on those days the Sun was still shining but we were unable to see it due to the clouds that surrounded us. It is the same way with the Son of God. He is with us even when we are surrounded by the clouds of fear, doubt, worry, frustration, hurt, disappointment, struggles, battles, etc. But we need to remember today that Jesus Christ is still present and He will shine on our lives as we continue to look for Him!!

Luke 5:3-7,Then He got into one of the boats, which was Simon’s, and asked him to put out a little from the land. And He sat down and taught the multitudes from the boat. When He had stopped speaking, He said to Simon, “Launch out into the deep and let down your nets for a catch.” But Simon answered and said to Him, “Master, we have toiled all night and caught nothing; nevertheless at Your word I will let down the net.” And when they had done this, they caught a great number of fish, and their net was breaking. So they signaled to their partners in the other boat to come and help them. And they came and filled both the boats, so that they began to sink.” (NKJV)
For the past 13 plus years I have carried what I believe to be a word from God. And I do not use those words lightly. I truly believe that God deposited in me a call to look for, pray for and participate in a spiritual awakening in my life as well as the lives of others that I would encounter. I was captured by this during a prayer encounter with God and I am still captured by this encounter with God. I was so convinced of this call that I felt led to resign the Pastorate in Louisville and begin a journey of an Iterant Evangelist. Our obedience produced many wonderful encounters with the Holy Spirit in various congregations and Conventions around the nation. Our obedience to God played a major role in the church plant in Radcliff, KY.

I am sharing this with you today because I am still convinced that God desires to awaken His people. The AWAKENING of the PEOPLE OF GOD will propel us and lead us into the deeper things of God. I believe that the deeper things of God will propel us as well as lead us into the harvest field that is ripe. I was praying about the need for a deeper move of God this morning. I have prayed about the need for a deeper move of God for many mornings over the past 13 plus years.

We have participated in some “spiritual rain showers” but I have not seen the “flood” of the Spirit that is being released in various parts of the world. I can either chose to give up on what I believe is the inspiration of the Spirit or I can choose to press on and press in. There are moments in which I think about backing off and backing away from the “call” from God. But I can’t stop believing and stop encouraging people to draw closer to God when I look at the condition of the world and see the struggles in the church world that people are facing. The words of this old song ring in my ears today as I am typing these words; “Where could I go but to the Lord?” 

I do not have time to do an exegesis of the scripture passage that I have shared today. But I would like to ask us to ponder these questions. “Why are we hesitant to launch out into the deep? What are we afraid of when it comes to drawing closer to God? Why do we resist drawing closer to God? Why do we think that we do not need to have more of God in our lives? What will it take for me to receive the call and challenge from God and put it into full action in my life?” Feel free to ask your own questions to these that I shared.

Each of us needs to realize that our world is being flooded with evil, sin and wickedness. We are going to need the flood of the Holy Spirit in our lives to counteract these attempts of satan to destroy our walk with God!!

No comments:

Post a Comment