Monday, February 1, 2010

Weekend Services

Yesterday was a day in which I was both blessed and encouraged by the Word of God and the Spirit of God. I am doing my best to attend church with the anticipation of encountering the presence of God during the service. My anticipation was rewarded yesterday as God challenged my heart through the Word as well as the refreshing opportunity to worship the Lord God Almighty! The morning service afforded me the opportunity to listen to Pastor Smith challenge out hearts through the preaching of the Word. He reminded us that God has provided the power of the Holy Spirit to counteract the influence of the culture. I can sense the powers of evil seeking to use the attitudes of the culture to move us away from a life that is directed by God. We must resist these influences through the development of an on-going strong relationship with Jesus Christ. We can not afford to just go to church and go through the motions; we must allow God the opportunity to do His work in our lives. We are living in a battle zone and the battle is for the leadership of my soul. Will I allow the fleshly desires of my life to lead me or will I surrender my life to Christ and allow His Spirit to direct my heart? I have chosen to surrender my life to Christ and to allow His Spirit to lead me in the right way. Yesterday afternoon found me in New River Ministries in Radcliff, KY. We began a series of Kingdom Celebration services which will continue through Thursday night of this week. I am committed to shared the call from God that was placed in my heart as we began 2010. We must declare the "greatness of God." I know that we are living in the time of an increasing presence of spiritual darkness yet the power of God and the work of the Spirit in the Kingdom of God is still very real. We must not allow darkness to intimidate us; we must rise to the occasion through our faith and hope in God and realize that He has made provisions for our victory. It is time for the people of God to rise up with praise and adoration being declared through our voices. No one can make the declaration of praise for you; you and I need to make our own declaration that "God is great and greatly to be praised." If you live in the area of Radcliff/Fort Know we invite you to join us this week at 7:00 PM for the celebration of the King of Kings. The address of the meeting is 1878 Illinois Ave., Radcliff, KY. NOTE: See schedule for more information!

No comments:

Post a Comment