Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Anticipation

The word "anticipation" has been placed in my heart.  This word came to my attention after the service last evening in Cottondale, AL and I was awakened early this morning with that same word being spoken in my mind.  Over the past few services I have noticed what I call the "spirit of anticipation" building in the lives of people.  I have noticed different individuals walking down the isle during the altar invitation with a confident faith that God was going to meet them as they began to seek His presence.  I truly believe that confident faith is developed through the attitude of anticipation.  We develop our anticipation through the study of the Word; we develop our anticipation through the declaration of the Word through preaching and teaching; we develop our anticipation through the offering of our praise and worship to the Lord God Almighty; we develop our anticipation through the testimony of others; and finally we develop our anticipation as we watch God work in the lives of our family and friends.  Each of these actions that we take and that we notice allows us to turn our attention away from our circumstances.  Each of these actions that we take and that we notice allows us to turn our attention toward God and realize that He is greater than the events that are taking place in our lives.   I desire to live in the "spirit of anticipation."  I desire to go to my next church service anticipating a divine encounter with the Holy Spirit.  Would you take a moment and examine your level of anticipation?  Allow the Lord to increase your anticipation so that we can collectively see the Glory of God fill His House.  The presence of God will meet the needs of His people as we respond in obedience and trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment