Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Influence

The Lord reminded me of a devotional that Ann (my wife) had written for a group of her co-workers as I finished my prayer time earlier this morning.  Many of us get into such a hurry that we fail to follow the process that God is allowing to work in our lives at any given moment.  We live in a hurry up world that encourages us to ignore anything that might require us to take time to savor the moment and also learn from those moments.  I believe that you will be blessed and challenged through the thoughts that God placed on Ann's heart.

INFLUENCE
Every day we influence someone in our lives either for good or bad.  Influence isn’t about power and getting what we want.  It’s about servanthood and giving our best to others, whatever our position in life. 
Whatever our station in life, we can pray powerfully as we pray persistently for others.  We need to keep at it, as we would our work.  A lack of endurance is one of the greatest causes of our defeat, especially in prayer.  I don’t know about you but I don’t wait well.   You see I am into microwaving; but God on the other hand, is usually into marinating.
If we allow Prayer to be a priority in our lives it will help us juggle the multiple often conflicting duties of work, home, husband, children, friends, ministry, and even ourselves.  Can I share something about ME?   I can write on my calendar 6:30 – 7:00 a.m. PRAYER.   But many times I passed that up.  It was one more thing to pass by that day.  Now I try to think 6:30 – 7:00 a.m. – GOD.  Somehow that’s a little harder to neglect.
When we pray, asking God to center us on Him and His purpose, we will find the balance we need in our work place and in our life.  He will give us guidance and energy in determining priorities.  He will change our attitudes at work and pray daily for our coworkers as they battle the conflicts of life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment