Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Better People

I truly believe that each one of us should seek to excel in offering our gifts and abilities to God. I also don't believe that God is exalted through lethargic or half-hearted service that is offered to Him. I also feel that God is offended when we seek the praises of men more than the acceptance of God. But I am also convinced that our success as an individual believer will come as we seek to share our gifts and abilities through the power of the Spirit and not the power of the flesh. This morning I was reminded of a statement that had challenged my heart many years ago and I want to share it with you today. "The Church is looking for better methods; God is looking for better people." The Holy Spirit doesn't flow through methods, but through people. God doesn't anoint machinery, but He does and He will anoint people. God can and God does inspire plans, but He anoints people to complete these plans. We must continue to be people of prayer if we desire to walk in the power of the Spirit. We must denounce and resist the temptation to operate the work of the Kingdom of God in the power of our fleshly abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment