Monday, May 20, 2013

I'm Back

I can not imagine that it has been over one week since I have shared some thoughts on this blog. Has anyone missed me since I have been away from the blog? I am not asking for any responses, I am just being a little light-hearted for this morning's meditation. A few things have taken some of my early morning time as well as a small struggle with what is called "writer's block". Although I do not necessarily identify myself as I writer I do understand the struggle that writers face from time to time. Just as I like to preach under the inspiration of the Spirit I like to share my thoughts and ideas as the Spirit raises them in my heart. On several occasions the Word of God reminds us to "wait on the Lord" and that can be difficult at times for those of us who possess a type A personality. We are ready to charge the hill and take on the next task as quick as possible. But I do want you to know that the readers of this blog have been in my prayers. I truly desire for the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart to be acceptable and pleasing to our Heavenly Father. The family of God is important to our Heavenly Father. I want to treat His family with the utmost respect, care, concern and genuine love. I was reminded of that principle several years ago as I was praying for a revival service in which I was serving as the Evangelist. God reminded me to treat His family as I would want someone to treat my family. How do we treat the family of God? Do we truly exhibit care and concern for one another or have we just learned to tolerate each other realizing that we worship with them week after week? Is God calling each of us to examine our view of each other and check our "love gauge" and see what it is reading today? Let us sincerely love one another and pray for each other as though they were truly our family members. Be encouraged today as you esteem, recognize, respect, and promote others more than yourself.   

No comments:

Post a Comment