Monday, June 10, 2013

This is God's Day

  Psalms 118:24, "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." (KJV)

This is the beginning of a new work week for many of us. We do not know what challenges or opportunities that we may face as we move through this week but we can rest assured that the presence of God will be with us as we move through this week. The Lord placed Psalm 118:24 in my heart a few minutes ago as I was planning a strategy for my approach to the responsibilities of this week. I have several commitments already in my calendar. I have goals to accomplish as well as tasks to complete. But I also understand that time and circumstances can change my plans at any moment. I can be asked or in some cases forced into making adjustments in my "strategic plan." I must remember that I am not the one in charge of my life; God is the one who orders my path and directs my steps. But I am confident of this one thing that I can do this week. I can find hope and strength in the presence of God and remember that I am not alone in my walk through life. Will you take a moment and rejoice in the fact that God has ordered and planned our days according to His plans and not our plans? Take comfort that God will never leave or forsake you regardless of the path that you travel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment