Friday, November 8, 2013

Why Should I Praise God?

November is a month in which we celebrate a Holiday that we call Thanksgiving. Surely it is not necessary for people to designate a "holiday" to participate in that activity. But it does appear that all of us need a nudge, push, reminder and encouragement to remember that we should be thankful every day for all of the benefits that God has provided for us. Those benefits may vary from day to day yet they are real and tangible on a daily basis. The challenges of life will try and "squeeze" the praise out of our hearts and remove the words from our lips. But praise and adoration begins to rise up in our hearts as we reflect on the greatness of God and before you know it we are once again singing the praises of God. During prayer this morning I was reminded that "God is truly the Provider of all that I need to make it through this world successfully." I just need to recognize His Power and His Presence.
 
I desire for the first few verses of Psalm 103 to remind us of some reasons why we should praise God.
 
Let all that I am praise the Lord;
    with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name.
Let all that I am praise the Lord;
    may I never forget the good things he does for me.
He forgives all my sins
    and heals all my diseases.
He redeems me from death
    and crowns me with love and tender mercies.
He fills my life with good things.
    My youth is renewed like the eagle’s! (NLT)
 
Be encouraged as you offer your personal praise and thanksgiving to God!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment