Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Scriptures for Today

Galatians 3;26-28, "For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. (NKJV) 

This passage of scripture grabbed my attention this morning as I was reading during my devotional time. We are often warned about the need to "guard our identity" from a natural point of view. Many of us do our very best to accomplish that goal on a daily basis. 

This portion of the Word of God was a wonderful reminder of my true "spiritual identity." It is a blessing to realize, know and live in the knowledge that I am a "son of God." It is a blessing to be a part of the family of God and realize that satan can not steal that identity from me. I have been covered by the blood of Jesus that was shed on Calvary for me. I may choose to surrender my "spiritual passport" but the enemy of my soul can not revoke my identity as a child of God. 

Remember your identity as you are praying today. You come to the Father as a loving member of His family. He is ready to listen to the cry of your heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment