Monday, May 16, 2016

Monday Morning Reflections

Monday morning is a time that I spend in reflection but I also spend time planning for the future. I look back to see what I can learn from my yesterdays but then I began to look at ways that I can apply what I have learned. Knowledge is not very profitable unless it is applied to my future days of life on earth. The Spirit will continually adjust our "learning curve" if we will take the time to listen to His Voice and follow the guidance that He will share with us. I want to be obedient, that sill pleases our Heavenly Father.

I would like to share with you a portion of a note that I emailed our church family today. Read from your individual spiritual perspective and listen for God to speak to your heart.

Good morning on the first day of the rest of our lives. Yesterday is in the history books and now we are preparing to take the next steps into our future!

But do we fully realize who desires to walk with us into the uncertainty of our future. It is the Lord God Almighty, the one who is alive and powerful. I would encourage each of us to personally reflect on the presence of God in our daily lives. He desires to direct, guide, and lead us into the correct path of life. We just have to trust Him and lean on Him for His provision of Grace and Love. 

I wanted to thank those who prayed for yesterday's service. I heard comments such as "Awesome, Wonderful, Spirit-filled, Anointed, Encouraging, etc." as people were leaving the sanctuary. I can honestly say this, "God was in the house and that needs were met." I received personal testimonies from people as well as text messages to verify my previous statement. First of all, we offer our praise, adoration and appreciation to God for releasing His Spirit into our lives. Second, I applaud all of those who chose to obey and respond to the call of the Spirit. Third, we MUST REALIZE that is the Spirit calling us to walk closer to God and NOT JUST THE PASTOR!!!

But here is the $64,000 question that we must answer. WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE? Do we build a monument to this service and park at this location? We have enjoyed great services before Sunday although Sunday was an unique day for sure. Do we stop our pursuit of God and just take it easy for a little while longer? 

I don't think these are the options that God has placed before us. He is calling us to follow Him into the fullness of His promises. There are more victories to win. There are more chains to be broken. They are more miracles to see. They are more people that need a healthy, living, growing and maturing relationship with Christ. I REFUSE to stop at our present spiritual location. God has more to reveal to us. I am asking for more prayer this week and for more prayer warriors to answer the call to pray for the services.

Don't you believe it is time for EACH OF US TO PRAY?

No comments:

Post a Comment