Friday, May 12, 2017

Mothers of Faith

In a couple of days we will be celebrating Mother's Day. A few days ago I heard an interesting discussion on a Christian Radio station. They were discussing the question concerning the use of the apostrophe in the words Mother's Day. One of the people in the discussion said that the person who started the celebration of Mothers Day wanted the words Mother's Day to be written with an apostrophe so that each individual Mother would be recognized. The vocabulary term is singular possessive I believe. The other person chimed in and said that she had "googled" it and either one is acceptable. I just felt that you needed that bit of inspiring news as we begin the Mother's Day weekend. I am not a linguistic expert about the apostrophe but I do know this; "WE ARE IN DESPERATE NEED FOR MOTHERS OF FAITH IN THE PRESENT DAY CHURCH.

The Apostle Paul recognized faith in Timothy's Mother as well as His Grandmother. I have been blessed to witness a life of faith in many ladies throughout my life of which I am very grateful. I have been blessed to witness faith on display in my home through my Mother as a child and now I am able to see that faith demonstrated as an adult. I witnessed faith in my Mother-in-laws life prior to our marriage as well as after our marriage. Sadly she passed away at an early age and I did not have opportunity to develop a long term relationship with her. I have witnessed faith in my wife's life throughout the 44 plus years that we have been married. Each of the days of our lives together have been spent involved in the Gospel ministry. I now am seeing the daily faith lived out in the lives of our Daughter-in-laws as they seek to be an example to their children. I have also witnessed faith on display in the lives of many "godly women" throughout the years of my journey as a Minister of the Gospel. 

I think that each of us identify the fact that satan is seeking to capture the children and youth of this generation through his various tactics and strategies. These powers of evil and darkness seem overwhelming at times. I am sure those same fears, worries and concerns faced Eunice and Lois yet Paul identified the characteristic of faith in their lives as their son and grandson was preparing to take on the challenge of ministry. Their example of faith was now being lived out in the life of Timothy and Paul was using these facts to encourage his young protege. 

We need Mothers who have decided and will continue to decide to be WOMEN OF FAITH even in the midst of all of the adversities of life. We need Mothers who will choose to live a life that is an example to her children as well as to others who will observe her journey of life. We need Mothers who teach their children verbally as well as practically about their need for a relationship with Jesus Christ. We need Mothers who will offer themselves to God as worshipers and servants in the work of the Kingdom. We need women who love their husbands and love their children. This love must be more than mere words; the love must be put into visible action and lived out on a daily basis. 

I TRULY BELIEVE THERE ARE MOTHERS WHO ARE ANSWERING THIS CALL TO ACTION AND THERE WILL BE MORE MOTHERS WHO WILL ANSWER THIS CALL IN THE FUTURE!!!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment