Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Issues

The reflections and celebrations of this past week continue to speak to my heart.  I trust that our reflection on the death, burial and Resurrection of Christ will not just be a "passing fancy" that comes and goes at certain times in our spiritual journey.  But I pray that this powerful revelation of truth will continue to make a difference as we live in and respond to the challenges of modern day culture.  I am convinced that the Gospel (Good News) of the Bible has the power to change our lives in such a manner that we will fully reflect the Glory of God on a daily basis.

I was presented with an odd paradox last week during prayer time.  In my mind I began to review and think of the endless list of "issues" that Pastors have to address almost on a weekly basis.  Now, let me make this statement very clear, "I believe that the power of Christ can and will address every issue of life that we may face!"  The issue that concerns me this morning is the fact that it may be possible that we have ignored the message of the cross and learned to only focus on the issues of life that we face.  Let me explain a little further my thought process.  I know that dealing with issues is considered to be an integral part of the Minister's responsibility.  But can we truly expect any spiritual success if we only address the issues and not point people to the Christ of the cross?  In many cases the trend of our society appears to lean more to the human approach to the issues that we face rather than the "Christ approach."  The Spirit through the Apostle Paul issues a great challenge of truth and a message that will lead to victory in 1 Corinthians chapter 1.  Let me remind you of what verses 17-18 declare to us; "For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of no effect.  For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God." (NKJV)

The power of the message of the cross will triumph the issues of life that we face if we will put our faith and trust in the Word of God!  No sin, issue, situation, problem, or circumstance, etc is too great for God to address. Will we choose to trust Him today and turn our hearts back to the power of cross?

No comments:

Post a Comment