Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Jesus, the Faithful Witness

John 14:7-11, "If you had really known me, you would know who my Father is. From now on, you do know him and have seen him!”  8 Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father, and we will be satisfied.”
9 Jesus replied, “Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and yet you still don’t know who I am? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! So why are you asking me to show him to you?  10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words I speak are not my own, but my Father who lives in me does his work through me.  11 Just believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me. Or at least believe because of the work you have seen me do". (NLT)

We can read the ministry stories of Jesus Christ and realize that His life not only spoke about the character of the Heavenly Father they also revealed the character of the Father to fallen humanity.  We can see the awesome Love of God demonstrated through the interaction of Christ with the broken, lonely, hurting, and those bound in the prison of sinful lifestyles.  We can rejoice as we learn about the compassion of God as Jesus wept over the condition of Jerusalem and those tears reminded us that God desires to draw us near to Him during our difficult moments.  We can learn the story of redemption as Christ teaches about His future death on the cross for the sins of mankind. We can also understand that the miracles He performed validated His claim to be the Son of God.  We saw the power of God demonstrated as Jesus dealt with the various maladies, diseases, demonic oppression, and even the power of demonic possession.  We can rejoice in the fact that Christ overcame all of the powers of evil, sin, and wickedness that He encountered.
 
Christ is truly the "Faithful Witness" that Revelation 1:5 spoke about.  He is still our Faithful Witness as we prepare for the second coming Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment