Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Personal Reflections

The past few days have been very hectic with ministry opportunities as well as a family celebration in Alabama.  I have shared the eulogies at two funerals and sandwiched in between those funerals was a Christmas celebration with my parents as well as the Sunday morning message at New River Worship Center.  The Spirit spoke a wonderful reminder to me in the midst of these services and family time.  I was reminded of something that I already knew but I understood that the Spirit was placing a renewed importance upon my heart and He impressed me to share that importance with you this morning.  Each of us are aware of the fact that life can become very hectic and busy.  We can become so overwhelmed by "everything that we need to do" that we fail to notice the people that are truly important to us.  We can become so consumed by the journey of life that we fail to remember and appreciate those individuals that God has placed on the journey with us.  Can I go so far as to ask this question, "Is it possible that we are even guilty of taking for granted those that are the closest to us?"  Can our relationships with our family and close friends suffer because we become so busy with the "stuff" of life that we fail to recognize the true gifts that God has placed in our lives?  I can remember times in which I had so much "stuff" on my mind that I failed to appreciate the time that I was having with my immediate family.  There have been times that I was so "busy with life" that I failed to enjoy those special moments with our close friends that mean so much to us.  It may not be the time to make resolutions for the New Year but I am determined to let the people in my life know that I love them and that I appreciate the investment and contribution that they have made in and to my life.  Take some time today and let someone know that you love and appreciate them.  You will feel better and the recipient of your kindness will be blessed and encouraged!

No comments:

Post a Comment