Thursday, May 9, 2013

Spiritual Preparation, Part 4

  We have been studying the initial chapters of the Book of Acts in our Wednesday night Adult Discipleship class at New River Worship Center. Last night our teacher shared an interesting phrase that tugged at my heart. She used the words "application to our lives" referencing the need to apply the Word of God to our individual life. Immediately upon hearing these words the Spirit placed these words in my spirit; "What am I doing with what I know to do?" Would you think on these words with me for a moment? Am I allowing the Word of God to be applied to my life or am I more interested in the Word of God being applied to YOUR life? I can see what you need to change in your life but I am blinded when it comes to seeing the changes that need to take place in my life. I willfully choose to ignore making the proper application of the Word to my life and act as though God is overlooking my spirit of neglect. But is He overlooking my neglect or am I trying  to convince myself that He has forgotten my disobedience? It is time that we shake ourselves free from this "spiritual slumber" and be completely awake and aware of the spiritual decisions that we are making on a daily basis. I must choose to open my heart to the Lord and allow Him to show me how I ought to live in this world that is spiritually challenging us each and every day. Let us continue to move forward and pursue a deeper and more committed relationship with Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment