Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Encouragement

Hebrews 3:13, "But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness. (NIV)
 
I am sure that many of us who read this blog have fought a battle or two with the spirit of discouragement. We have known what it is to face the attempts of the enemy as he sought to dismantle and destroy our heart for God and His plan for our life through the means of discouragement. I do not seek to give any free advertisement to our adversary but I sincerely want this post to emphasize the opportunity for the family of God to encourage  one another. I truly believe that the modern day church must reestablish the "ministry of encouragement" so that we can fulfill our call and responsibility to one another. I want to live with an attitude that exudes a spirit of encouragement. I am not talking about walking around with a hypocritical smile on my face and with fake words that are spoken out of rote and routine rather than from a heart of genuine care and concern. All of us have seen those people and all of us have left those type of people feeling worse than we felt before we encountered them. We certainly are seeing the effects of the second part of Hebrews 3:13. That in and of itself lets me know that we as a body of believers need to be putting into practice the first part of Hebrews 3:13.
 
Praise Report: I have been blessed to have been on the receiving end of encouragement as well as the one who desires to provide encouragement. The past few days have seen me receive encouragement and kind words from different individuals. Aren't you blessed when someone tells you that they love and appreciate you? Aren't you encouraged when someone says that they are praying for you? Doesn't a smile come to your face and a warm feeling arise in your heart when someone says you are a blessing to me? Have you ever enjoyed a pat on the back, a friendly handshake and an embrace of kindness from a brother or sister in Christ? Each of us can answer yes to these questions as well as share many other moments from our lives in which we received strength, hope and encouragement from the Body of Christ. Oh the joy of being encouraged by someone and OH THE JOY OF SERVING AS AN ENCOURAGER TO SOMEONE!!!! Hopefully at some point in this day you will be able to enjoy both of these emotions.
 
I want to personally thank everyone for the birthday wishes, birthday calls, birthday texts and birthday messages. I have smiled many times today as well as yesterday. I am thankful for my family, my friends and my extended Christian family. I have received messages from various locations both within the nation as well as outside of America. THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR ENCOURAGEMENT WITH ME TODAY!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment