Thursday, March 6, 2014

Friends

Proverbs 18:24, "A man who has friends must himself be friendly, But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother." (NKJV)
 
This passage of scripture came into my spirit this morning as I was praying. At first, I was somewhat startled as I was praying about people who I know are facing different needs in their lives.  I could categorize these people as those that I don't personally know, people who are acquaintances, people who are friends and those who are close friends. I am sure that you have some of those same relationships in your life. But it was during those moments that the Holy Spirit reminded me of the "importance" of friends and the impact that they have made and continue to make in my life. I will confess that my heart is tender toward friends and their friendship as I have received birthday wishes from people who would fit into the categories that I previously mentioned. I was reminded of the need to cherish, appreciate and the understanding of the importance of maintaining those friendships. God has placed certain individuals in my life for an eternal purpose and not just for a time of temporary interaction.
 
Today I will use a word or thought from contemporary culture to express my appreciation. I want to give a "shout out" to all those wonderful, special, and unique individuals whom God has placed in my life. Each of them have played a major role in my development emotionally as well as spiritually. Many of these individuals have been a part of local churches that Ann and I have served through the years of our ministry. Many of these individuals I met when I was traveling as a Missionary/Evangelist in America for five years. Many of these individuals are fellow Pastors/Ministers that I have met through my journey as a Minister for over 42 years. These men, women, youth and children have brought smiles to my face; they have brought laughter to my heart; they have brought strength when I felt weak; they have brought courage when I was facing doubt and fear; and many of them have listened when I just needed someone to hear what was on my heart. I can honestly say that I could not have walked this road alone.
 
I read these words this morning in an email that was sent to me and I would like to share them with you. "Let old friends know you haven't forgotten them, and tell new friends you never will. Remember, everyone needs a friend..." We have been blessed through the friendships of others and we should always remember the need to be a friend to someone.
 
REMEMBER, EVERYONE NEEDS A FRIEND!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment