Monday, February 8, 2016

Monday's Musings

Monday is usually a time of reflection and review as I prepare to move into a new week of activity and opportunities of ministry. I also usually take some time to reflect on Sunday's message. I try to gauge the interest of the people that set in the room during the service. I try to gauge the connectivity as well as receptivity of the congregation to the Word that I felt led to share that particular day. I try to seek out some input from various individuals that were in the service that particular day. And I am always thankful for those individuals who take the time to share their thoughts/views with me regarding the service and the presentation of the Gospel. NOTE: The past two weeks have found me reading emails early on Monday morning from separate individuals who felt led to share their thoughts concerning the Sunday service. I appreciate their insight, prayers and support.

This past week has found me in various ministry opportunities. These moments of ministry included a funeral, hospital visitation, personal conversations, message preparation, prayer times, devotional times, responding to phone calls as well as electronic communications, etc. I shared this information so that I could make this declaration. "I COULD SENSE THE PRESENCE OF GOD EACH AND EVERY STEP OF THE WAY."

We celebrated Communion Sunday at New River on Sunday. The sharing of these elements as a part of our Worship reminded me of the nearness of Christ and His interest in our daily lives. The elements reminded me of the love of God that was shared with this world. But the elements also reminded me that God continues to share His love with me as well as everyone else in the world on a daily basis. Aren't you glad that God loves each of us that much? But it is my responsibility to take the time to identify His love and then take the appropriate action in response to that love.

I want to share a passage of scripture that was read prior to our celebration of Communion on Sunday. I believe it will be an encouragement to each of us as we face a new week in which we will sense the Love of God in our lives.

Lamentations 3:21-23, "This I recall to my mind, Therefore I have hope. 22  Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. 23  They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness." (NKJV)

Be encouraged today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment