Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Post-Valentine's Day Thoughts

Here are a few of the scriptures that I referenced in the message on Valentine's Day at New River. Would you pause with me for a moment and sense the essence of what Christ is desiring to say to us? I still desire to comprehend the depth of the Love of God even after all of the years of telling others that "Jesus truly loves you!!"

I John 3:1, Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him.” (NKJV)
I John 3:1, “See what an incredible quality of love the Father has shown to us, that we would [be permitted to] be named and called and counted the children of God! And so we are! For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. (Amplified)
John 13:34-35, A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” (NKJV)
We have just concluded the celebration of Valentine's Day 2016. Some studies estimate that over 20 Billion dollars were spent on this day of celebration with 4 Billion of those dollars being spent on jewelry. More than 35 million heart shaped boxes of chocolate candy were given away on Valentine's Day. More than 220 million roses were produced just to be given away on Valentine's Day. Some estimates say that 6 million couples were engaged on Valentine's Day. Sunday was a very busy day for those who chose to participate in the celebration of Valentine's Day.
YET, Christians both here as well as various other places in our world are a part of the greatest investment and greatest celebration that has ever been provided for humanity.   It is God who has provided the investment of His Son for the salvation of humanity.   It is God who has provided His awesome love for each of us and it is God who has provided each of us with the ability and inward desire to love one another.   I don’t know how you feel but I feel that the Love of God is worth celebrating today.   I came to service today (Valentine's Day) prepared to celebrate and participate in the worship of the True and Living God who has provided me with the ability to overcome each and everyone of the strategies of the enemy. How can I be sure that I can overcome the enemy? It is based in the knowledge that God loves me enough to provide the strength that I need to overcome

No comments:

Post a Comment