Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Tuesday's thoughts

An old song that I heard as a child has been in and on my mind for the past several days. the song asks this question; "Where can I go, Oh where can I go, seeking a refuge for my soul? Needing a friend to help me in the end. Where can I go BUT TO THE LORD?" (Emphasis added)

It appears that God is using these words to remind me of some Biblical principles  that I need to keep alive in my spirit and life. It is one thing to read the Bible. It is one thing to know some of the content of the Bible. But it is another thing to allow the Word of God to find a place to come alive in our hearts and lives. I truly desire for the Word of God to make a difference in my journey of life and I encourage you to set the same goal in your life. 

These words from Tony Evans challenges my heart today. "You can go to all of the church services you want, read all the spiritual books you want, even do all the Bible studies that you want, but experiencing all God has planned for you comes only through aligning yourself under and abiding in the one who reigns over all, the exalted Lord Jesus Christ." 

Each of must reach the point that we willingly surrender our lives to Christ and allow His Word to resonate in our hearts. The participation with the Word of God will make a difference in our journey of life.

I would like to share some verses that spoke to me this morning:

1 Peter 1:18-19,  knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.(NKJV)
Psalm 61:1-4, Hear my cry, O God; Attend to my prayer. From the end of the earth I will cry to You, When my heart is overwhelmed; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For You have been a shelter for me, A strong tower from the enemy. I will abide in Your tabernacle forever; I will trust in the shelter of Your wings. Selah(NKJV)

Matthew 6:33, But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.(NKJV)

Luke 9:23, “Then He said to them all, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.(NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment