Thursday, May 3, 2018

PRAYER

Today is National Day of Prayer across America. It does not take a Prophet or Preacher to realize that our nation is in need of PRAYER. The larger question may be, "Where do I start my prayer?" The needs are great but our GOD IS GREATER. I am convinced that America is in desperate need of another "Spiritual Awakening." I am thankful for the opportunity to join with my brothers and sisters in Christ all across this nation in a day of Intercessory Prayer. I would like to encourage you to take some time today and gather your family together for a time of prayer. I believe that our hearts will be enriched through the presence of God as we take the time to call out to God for the needs of our fellow man.

I would like to share a portion of a letter that I shared with our church family earlier this week. I am convinced that the "family unit" as we have known it is under attack. The tactics and devices of the enemy is at work to destroy the institution of the family. I am seeing this taking place in various ways with the end result being the desire as well as plan of satan to destroy the family. But I am choosing to raise my voice in opposition to the forces of darkness for my family as well the family of God. 

It is a blessing to know that we have the privilege to walk in the love, grace and mercy of our Heavenly Father. The blessings of God can be quickly "lost" in all of the fog of circumstances that surround us on a daily basis. It is during those moments that we must choose to "look at our position in Christ rather than our condition of life." This was taken from the message spoken by Bro. Mike Gibson last Sunday. I was reminded of those words this morning as I was asking God to direct my steps into the fullness of the spiritual freedom that God has provided for us through our relationship with Christ.

Each of us are faced with our own set of "circumstances and situations." These type of events can either lead us to Christ or the enemy will seek to use these difficulties to lead us away from Christ. No one but us can make the right decision concerning our response. I am truly afraid that many people in our world are making the wrong choice. They are choosing to "drift away" from God rather than "reaching up" and taking hold of the hands of God and allowing Him to provide the strength that they need. Trust me when I write these words. I see this action taking place more and more across the spectrum of Christianity. On the surface it appears that it is "easier to quit rather than fight." This attitude may appear enticing to say the least but what will be the long term result of this action? I believe that it is time for the present day believer to know as well as understand that God is calling EACH OF US to take a STAND AGAINST THE WILES (tactics, strategies, devices) OF SATAN. Each of us must continue to move forward and not surrender our journey of life to the enemy. I ENCOURAGE EACH OF US TO MAKE PLANS TO STAND FOR GOD AND RESIST THE ATTEMPTS OF SATAN TO OVERTHROW AND UNDERMINE OUR FAITH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment