Thursday, May 10, 2018

Thoughts on Thursday

I am thankful to know that God is ACTUALLY INTERESTED in my daily journey with Him. Isn't it simply amazing to realize that the Lord God Almighty would take the time and make the effort to minister to our lives? I feel an even greater urgency to offer my praise, worship, and adoration to the One who has redeemed me and adopted me into His family. Oh, the blessed joy of having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ!!

God has given me the mind, the ability as well as the desire to celebrate His mighty presence!! I trust that each of you can sense that same longing in your spirit. Each of us know that life can be challenging to say the least. Each of us have faced, endured as well as passed through days of extreme pressure, stress, anxiety, discouragement, frustration, disappointment, etc. I know that many of us may feel that same way even today or have felt that way in recent days. But it is during those moments that we reach back into our "storehouse of previous blessings" and remember the Goodness, Graciousness and Greatness of the Lord God Almighty!!!

God chose to give me a moment of "Divine Interruption" during a prayer time on Tuesday. I received a text message in the midst of my prayer. I thought about not looking at the text but I reasoned it might be important. It turned out that it was VERY IMPORTANT but not in a manner that you may be thinking. It was not an emergency for which I am truly thankful but it was a "message' from God through this individual person. God had placed an old song in her heart early on Tuesday morning. The song was the hymn, "Living by Faith." and she felt led to share it with me without knowing that I was praying at that time (later on Tuesday). The title of the song showed up on my phone at the precise time that I was praying for the challenges that I was facing as well as the challenges that our church family are facing. My soul was rejuvenated, refreshed, revived and encouraged as I reflected on the fact that I had made it this far in life through "Living by faith in Jesus above, trusting confiding in His great love; From all harm safe in His sheltering arm, I'm living by faith and I feel no alarm."  (James Wells-1918)

The Spirit encouraged me to share these declarations with you today:
  We have eaten at the "table of provision."
  We have lived under the "mighty hand of His protection."
  We have been made well by His "words of healing."
  We have been been "forgiven through the blood of Jesus Christ."

Do I hear a hearty Amen or Hallelujah from someone today?  I believe that each of us needs to offer our praise and worship to God even more. We can not spiritually afford to offer our time, efforts, praise and energy to the "gods of this world" while at the same time ignore our Heavenly Father for all that He has done for us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment