Friday, August 3, 2018

We Are NOT Alone

I would like to share a few thoughts that I shared with our local church family a few days ago. I can sense that the Spirit is teaching me to remember that the presence of God is with me regardless of the circumstances that I am facing. The Spirit is also teaching me to "walk" in the strength of that powerful promise. The presence God is very real and always prepared to reveal Himself if I will take the effort to look for Him and listen to Him!!

I am thankful for the interest that God has in our lives on a daily basis. Aren't you glad that God doesn't just pick our one day a week to be interested in our lives or that there are certain days of the week that God is "not in the office"? I am thankful that I am under the caring and loving observation of God on a moment by moment time frame. Each of us know that our lives can "change in a moment" either for the positive or for the negative. I must always remember that "God is able to_________________."

The Spirit reminded me in prayer this morning of two very important principles that are contained in our need to attend church on a consistent basis. Our corporate worship services allow us the opportunity to exalt, lift up and honor our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Our corporate worship services also serve as an opportunity to encourage, strengthen, and be a blessing to one another. I truly believe that each of us needs to do our best to accomplish both of these goals when we gather together on any given Sunday!! Your contributions to these Biblical principles can not be replaced by someone else when you are unable to worship with us!! Let me remind you of a passage of scripture found in the book of Hebrews.

Hebrews 10:25, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.” (NIV)
Hebrews 10:25, And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.” (NLT)
We are encouraged to remind each other that God is with us regardless of what is taking place at any specific time in our lives. If the Lord physically walked with you throughout the day, would you be afraid or discouraged? Of course you would be totally encouraged and secure. By faith your heavenly Father walks with you day in and day out. You are not left out in the cold all alone. You have the resources of a child of God to be strong and courageous. That offers the hope that we can rise up and receive the grace and strength of the Lord and then be willing to share that grace, mercy, strength and love with our fellow travelers on the road of life. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment