Friday, January 18, 2019

Friday's Challenge

The time of prayer in the first days of January have taken me down a familiar road. But the "familiar" road has also been a "refreshing" road. I have encountered Christ in an unique manner in which He has REMINDED ME of His presence in my life on a moment by moment basis. I believe that many believers are always waiting on the NEXT BLESSING from God and they end up missing what God is doing at the present moment in their lives. God has used the first few weeks of 2019 to remind me of "living in this day" rather than waiting on some future encounter with God. This does not mean that I am ignoring my future; it simply means that I do not want to miss God TODAY!!!

Our Discipleship/Adult Bible Study on Wednesday night consisted of a group of individuals who are on a journey with Christ. Some of us have been on the journey longer than others but there was one consistent pattern in the conversation. EACH OF US recognized the TRUTH that WE NEEDED MORE OF GOD in our lives. We also recognized the fact that Satan was fighting against us but our hope and faith is in Jesus Christ.

I read these words of C.S. Lewis this morning and they spoke powerfully to me.

“When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind.”

Question: “Which direction am I running today? Am I running to God or am I running away from Him? The decision we make concerning this question will have eternal repercussions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment