Monday, January 7, 2019

Monday's Challenge

“The one who does not EXPECT God to speak will discount every single time He does speak.” (A. W. Tozer)


A friend of mine from FL shared this quote. I sense a tremendous amount of Truth in what is being said. Do I (we) truly believe that God speaks? If we believe that He speaks why are we so slow to respond to what He says?


Is it possible that we miss what God is saying because we are too busy to pay attention to Him? Is it possible that I don't hear what God says because I am hearing something that may require a change in my life and I am content with the way my life is at the present moment? Is it possible that I don't hear God because I am stubborn and I have been influenced by the spirit of rebellion that is so visible in our present world? 

I must be ready to cast aside all of the excuses and rational reasons that I have created and decide to listen to the Voice of God. John 10:4-5, And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers.” (NKJV)


#IAMREADYTOLISTEN

No comments:

Post a Comment