Thursday, January 9, 2020

2020 Thoughts

I would like to share some thoughts with you that I shared with our church family. I believe that it is truly the time to trust God as we have never trusted Him before. It is time to look forward and not be content with living in our past. 
The apostle Paul recognized the importance of putting the past behind him as well. He said, “I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead” (Philippians 3:13 NLT).
2019 is coming to a close. Now it is time to look into the future and trust God even more as we enter 2020. I believe that it’s very vital that we take time to both reflect on what God has done and allow him to prepare us for what’s to come. A new year marks a fresh opportunity to center our lives around the goodness of God. I pray that as you begin looking toward what is to come you will make space to gain God’s perspective, establish your hopes and pursuits on his grace, and celebrate all that God has done and is doing. 

There is no greater source of hope than God’s resounding declaration of his nearness. Jesus paid the ultimate price that you and I might no longer be separated from God. His presence now dwells within us through the Holy Spirit. And that fact brings a Bible based hope that has the ability to profoundly impact every aspect of our lives.

As we look forward, know that the God who dwells within you knows every moment of every day that lies in front of us. He dwells within all of eternity. Time for him is not as it is for us. And he promises to be with us in the midst of any trial, pain, victory, or defeat. He longs for each of us to know his presence moment by moment in everything we will face and confront in 2020.

During prayer this morning I was offering God praise for His presence this past year. I also expressed my thanks to Him for the promise of being with me in the future. But the Spirit seemed to interrupt my words to remind me that GOD IS PRESENT NOW!!! Each of us needs to hold on to the NOWNESS OF GOD!!

I am praying and believing that God will guide and direct our steps as we close the book on 2019 as well as guide our steps as we walk the road of life in 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment