Monday, May 21, 2012

Hope

Psalm 33:20-22
"We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in you." (NIV)

We are unsure of all that we will encounter as we enter this new week of our lives.  I do not mean to express any fear or doubt but I do confess and recognize my need to trust in God who is aware of all of the things that I will face both good and bad.  Each one of us will face things that are greater than our abilities to solve them.  Some of these could be significant or insignificant in the view of others but to us they can be very important.  It is during those moments that we may ask ourselves this question, "Where will I look?"  It is comforting to know that we can find hope in the Lord and recognize that He is our help and shield.  We can place our trust and confidence in God as we continue on our journey through life.

Our daily lives can face a multitude of unique situations.  Have you ever awakened from sleep and your process of thinking is somewhat muddled or confused?  There have been times when I awakened and I was confused about my location.  I took a quick look around the room and realized that I was at home and then the feeling of security and comfort began to come back to my thought process.  That feeling of security and comfort renewed my confidence that all was well and that I was in the safe place called home.  Each of us have faced those same feelings in our emotional, spiritual, physical, or financial areas of our lives.  We are startled when certain things take place in our lives and our confidence in shakened at that very moment and we have to regroup so that we can focus on what is taking place.   It is during those moments that David declares that we can "wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield..."  Your fear and doubt can be changed to courage and faith once you realize that you are not alone. 

Rejoice today in the knowledge that you are not alone but the Lord God Almighty is with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment