Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Recognition of our Failure

When will we identify the fact that mankind has failed in his attempt to make himself good?  My view of the world (and I am not seeking to be a cynic) leads me to believe that in many areas of society we are moving away from the Light and traveling the road toward darkness.  When will we give up ceasing to work in the power of the flesh and turn completely to Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of our sins?  There is a line from a song that comes to my mind as I am writing these thoughts; "...Only Jesus can satisfy my soul..."  Will we ever accept the full truth of that statement and completely surrender our lives to Christ so that He can lead us into the path of righteousness?  I know that many people who read this blog have confessed Christ as their Savior but we face the daunting task to keep the message of the Gospel alive in the midst of this evil and perverse world.  I know that the Spirit is challenging me to bring these thoughts to the people that I serve as a family leader, Pastor, Minister, friend, mentor, and encourager.  We must be awakened to the seriousness of the time in which we are living.

The enemy of our soul seeks to cause us to be ashamed of the message that we believe and accept the actions of sin in this world as "people will be people."  Can people who truly believe the Bible as the Word of God accept that attitude and not reply that there is a Savior who still makes a difference in the actions of His family members?  We should never find ourselves ashamed of Christ rather we should lift our hearts in praise and adoration to the One who came and delivered us from the power of sin.  I read these following words this week and I wanted to share them with you.  "We are to be ashamed of sin and its deplorable outcome, while embracing wise living. Shame enslaves us in our selfish behavior, but we are emancipated by our selfless service to others. Our Savior Jesus does not seek to motivate us out of disgrace; rather He infuses His grace into our inner being for bold initiatives. The good news of salvation in Christ gives us the confidence to love all people. God’s power is shameless."

Remember that Thursday, May 3rd is National Prayer Day!  Will you make time to pray that day for America and the needs that we are facing? 




No comments:

Post a Comment