Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Veteran's Day

I was unable to make a post yesterday due to a medical procedure. But I did not want to overlook the recognition of those brave men and women who have served our nation in the Armed Forces. I am truly thankful for these men and women who have placed themselves in harms way so that we could enjoy our freedoms in America. I want to offer my respect and appreciation to these men and women who have given much for each of us in this great nation. We must never forget their willingness to serve our nation during some very critical times in our history. I would also like to make a personal recognition of my Dad who served in the infantry during WWII. He still offers his service to the community of Decatur, Alabama. Him and my Mother visit the hospitals, nursing homes, and the private homes of people who are in need of assistance and encouragement. They continue to share the love, care, and compassion of God through their acts of kindness and concern to those who live in their community. I am both blessed and honored to call them my parents and to recognize their heart of servanthood in this modern day and time. Our country is blessed as we recognize people all around our nation who offer their assistance to people in their time of need. May God continue to bless America with people who will care about one another!

No comments:

Post a Comment