Thursday, December 6, 2012

Fresh Look at Christmas

Even Christians have a tendency to take a "hum-drum" approach to the story that is revealed and declared during the Christmas season.  We can become so familiar with the contents and characters of the story that we can easily overlook the powerful message that was shared with humanity the day Christ was born.  It is so easy to remember the story from an intellectual point of view but fail to capture the spiritual truths in our hearts.  I want to know God in a spiritual manner and not just in an intellectual manner.  I am not saying that we do not need to know the "facts" and have those "facts" correctly stated and taught to each of us.  But I am saying that I want these "facts" written on my heart and revealed in my life on a daily basis.  Take some time this Christmas season and reacquaint yourself with the "Truth" in the story and not just become content to know the facts of the story.  Each of us may be surprised at what we would learn when we start looking to reacquaint ourselves with the Truth that is revealed in Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment