Monday, December 31, 2012

New Opportunities

The last day of 2012 allows us three (3) significant opportunities. First, we can look back and review our successes as well as the failures of the past year. Second, we can fast forward our thinking and contemplate our future and prepare our hearts to respond appropriately. And finally, we can reflect on the "now" moments of our life and take some time to look inward in a sincere time of introspection. We can ask ourselves questions such as: "Am I reaching the full potential in my life (spiritually, emotionally, physically, and financially)? Am I making a sincere effort to develop my relationship with Christ? Would I consider myself a better person at the close of 2012 than I was at the beginning of 2012? What is the top priority of my life?" Each of these questions and many more questions that you and I can ask truly deserve a serious evaluation from each of us. These questions and answers are not meant to be a deterrent to our progress and maturing growth rather they are meant to open our eyes and hearts to areas of weakness that all of us possess. These areas of weakness become focal points of prayer and adjustment as we enter the New Year. 2013 will afford each of us valuable opportunities to see the continuing development our relationship with God; the continuing development of our relationship with our family and friends; and the continuing development of our relationship with our fellow human beings. Buckle your seat belts and make preparation for the ride into the future. We will face the winds of turbulence and adversity but we will also enjoy the moments of victory and success.

No comments:

Post a Comment