Monday, October 11, 2010

Weekend Thoughts

Throughout the past several weeks the Spirit has been speaking to my heart regarding the connection between our past and our future.   I am thankful for my walk with the Lord up till this point in my life but I am interested in my future journey with God.  My ongoing relationship with God allows me to be excited about my future.  I must not allow either my failures or my successes hinder me from walking into the promises of my future.  I sincerely feel that God has blessings prepared for this day and time and I have not fully received those blessings as of yet.  I must continue my passionate pursuit of a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ and truly sense that my today and tomorrow can be greater than my yesterday.  I must allow the Holy Spirit to fully prepare my spirit for my future walk with Christ.  I need to embrace the leading of the Spirit rather than resisting the leading of the Spirit if I fully expect to receive the full measure of God's future direction for my life.  The Prophet Amos challenges us to remember this principle; "Can two walk together except they be agreed?" (Amos3:3)  We must be willing to walk in agreement with God if we are truly looking to reach our full potential in Christ.  We can not afford to settle for less than our full potential.  Coaches of various sports teams are always encouraging their players to play up to their potential. Spiritual success will be obtained as we live up to our potential through the power and presence of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment