Thursday, October 13, 2011

Stability vs. Instability

We are living in a world that is facing our own set of unique challenges.  The words "things are changing around here" have become very commonplace is all spectrum's of life.  I know and believe that all change is not bad but in a world of instability and confusion we need to have a strong and steady spiritual foundation.  The Psalmist David reminded us that he went "to the Rock" when his heart was overwhelmed by the circumstances that was surrounding him.  It is a source of strength and encouragement to know that we can have spiritual stability through the revelation of God that we find contained in the Holy Scriptures.  We may feel and sense a feeling of unsteadiness as we look at all of the challenges that we are facing in our nation and world yet we can remain confident in God who has promised never to change.  God is unaffected by all of the changing circumstances of our society. 

I felt led to share some passages of scripture that I believe can give you a strong sense of stability in the midst of our changing and challenging world.

Revelation 21:6, "He said to me, It is done.  I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End.  To him who is thirsty I will give him to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life."

Psalm 40:2, "He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand."

Psalm 18:2, "The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.  He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."

I Timothy 1:17, "Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen"

In the midst of an unstable world we can have peace, hope, comfort, and salvation through the promises of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment