Monday, October 31, 2011

Weekend Reflection

This past week has been full of opportunities to see the ministering presence of the Spirit released into the lives of different individuals.  Much of my time this past week was spent with people in hospitals, nursing homes, and sadly even a funeral home.  Those moments of interaction served to remind me that life does present to us some very challenging situations in which we are in need of a power that is far greater than our own power or ability.  I personally witnessed the strength of God bring people through major surgical procedures with very positive results.  I also witnessed the Spirit bring comfort and hope to a room full of individuals who were in deep grief over the the tragic death of their loved one and friend.  I am still blessed and encouraged as I am able to point people to the ever-present Savior who is willing to meet people at their point of need.  It is no wonder that I share the message of the Gospel with fervency and enthusiasm.  I believe that the message of the Kingdom of God is worthy of declaration and worthy of our participation.  I do not have to hang my head in despair or embarrassment as I stand week after week and point people to Jesus Christ.  I am convinced that Christ is still the Hope for each and every individual that lives on this earth.  I am even more committed to the declaration of the life-changing message of the Gospel as I continue to see the effect that Christ has in the lives of individuals.  Each of us carry our own unique set of burdens and concerns yet Christ invites all of us to bring them to the Lord.  And in doing we are given the opportunity to exchange our burdens for the rest that we can find in and through Jesus Christ.  You do not have to travel the road of life alone; there is someone who cares about you and all of the situations that you are facing.  Take some time today and share your burdens with the Lord; you will not be disappointed with the response of Jesus Christ our Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment