Friday, March 9, 2012

Follow-up to Yesterday

I am convinced that God is calling us to listen to Him and the direction that He has for our lives.  Is it  possible that we (humanity in general) have the ability and in some cases the desire to follow after our own plans rather than the plans of God?  After all God has chosen to give man the option of obedience rather than Him forcing our obedience and surrender.  We can call that "free will" or the the freedom of choice.  Choices bring responsibility.  Responsibility affords us the option to base our decision on which option has the most sway or influence upon our lives.  We face many influences each day of our life but we must guard our choices and make sure that our decisions are based on the influence of the Spirit. 

The wise man in Proverbs 14:12 spoke this warning; "There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death" (NKJV).  We must recognize that there is the possibility that I can choose to follow my way rather than the way of Christ.  The way of man can appear right but we must ask ourselves "What is the end result of that way?"  Will it lead to life or will it lead to spiritual death?  Will it lead me closer to God or will it lead me farther away from God?  Will it cause my life to reflect the principles of Christ or will it cause my life to reflect the work of sin and rebellion in my life?  These choices and many other similar choices must be factored into our decision regarding our walk through the journey called life.  I pray that each of us will make the correct choice and that we will place our lives into the Hands of God and allow Him to direct our path. 

No comments:

Post a Comment