Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Choices

Joshua 24:15, "And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” (NKJV)

During my devotional time I read something that challenged my thinking. Church Swindoll was writing about choices and he made reference to an idea that continues to stir in my spirit. I want to share the following thoughts with you that came into my heart as a result of the words that I read and the whisper of the Spirit that I heard. 

We are all faced with choices that can and do affect our daily lives. BUT we can faithfully make the correct choice if we have made the initial choice to follow Christ to the best of our ability. The choice to follow Christ sets in motion the ability to make the correct choice (s) on a daily basis. The people of Israel were faced with the option of serving different "gods" but their correct choice began with their personal choice to "serve the Lord." 

It is difficult to make the correct choices if we have not made the choice to surrender our lives to God. The choice to serve God serves as the primary decision and the other decisions of life are based off the choice to serve or not to serve God. We find ourselves in trouble when we ignore or put off the decision to serve God. The choice to serve God provides the strength, guidance, direction and desire to make the other correct decisions when they appear in our lives. 

Have you made the right choice to serve and follow God and the path that He has laid out for your life? It is not too late to make the right choice/decision concerning your relationship with God!!

No comments:

Post a Comment