Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Looking Forward

It has been a few days since I posted any thoughts on the blog. I can tell you that I have had plenty of thoughts but little time to post them. The days since Christmas have been very hectic from a Pastoral perspective. We have dealt with illnesses, accidents and even the death of a precious lady that I had the honor of serving as Pastor several years ago. I was blessed by the family as they asked me to share in her homegoing celebration on Monday. I make these comments to let you know that our listening for the Voice of God can come through different venues which cause us to listen from a heart that is softened through tragedy, trials, illness, death or even everyday problems that we encounter. I will confess that there have been times in my life in which God had my "complete and undivided attention" because of what I was facing at that moment. Has God ever had your undivided attention because of the set of circumstances that you were facing? 

But there are a few things that God continues to place in my spirit and these thoughts continue to be a part of my daily prayer and daily meditations.

1) I must continue to seek for more of God. I must not expect others to seek God and not see that same need in my life.

2) I must continue to seek for a "fresh anointing" of the Spirit both personally as well as ministerially. God desires to "fill me with His Spirit." That may raise some eyebrows of those who know me.

3) God continues to remind me that I should not operate as a hireling but as a sincere "under-shepherd of Christ. 

4) God continues to call me to a more deeper, passionate love and concern for the unsaved of our generation.

5) God continues to call me to "action" rather than just talking about theories, plans, and proposals.

I will stop now and go to work on those things that I have already heard from God.

Will you join me in doing those things that we know we ought to do????

No comments:

Post a Comment