Friday, December 5, 2014

Obedience

I want to share a thought that the Spirit  placed in my heart this morning during prayer. Or maybe I should say that this thought is a continuation of what I have been feeling over the past few weeks of prayer. I am convinced that God is calling me to take a "fresh" look at the "true" Christmas story. The message of Christmas goes far beyond the the birth of Christ in Bethlehem. The message of Christmas moves us from Bethlehem to Golgotha. The question that I may need to ask is the following; "Am I willing to make the journey with Him?"

Am I willing to move from Golgotha out into the harvest field which we identify as the world in which I (we) live? Jesus told us to pray for laborers for the harvest field. Have I (you) became comfortable with being a spectator rather than a laborer? Have I (you) become comfortable with being an "owner" rather than a laborer? Have I (you) became comfortable with being an investor rather than a laborer?  There are many positions that appear far more attractive than a laborer but none of these provide the same fulfillment that comes from being a "soul-winner" in the Kingdom of God. 

Each of us must be willing to put on our work clothes and offer our willing service to Christ in the harvest field. The reward will far outweigh the investment that service will require us to make.  Let us offer our lives to God in full surrender and obedience. You and I were designed and called to make a difference in this world. Will we be willing to bring our lives under the authority and guidance of the Holy Spirit? I truly believe that the Spirit is leading the church into the fields that are ripe for harvest. 

Will we follow our Shepherd into the harvest fields? 

No comments:

Post a Comment