Monday, March 7, 2016

Praising God, Part 2

Psalm 68;3-4, "But let the godly rejoice.
    Let them be glad in God’s presence.
    Let them be filled with joy.
Sing praises to God and to his name!
    Sing loud praises to him who rides the clouds.
His name is the Lord
    rejoice in his presence!" (NLT)

I truly believe that it is time for the people of God to lift our voices in praise on a consistent basis. I realize that each of us are facing circumstances/situations that could cause us to postpone our praise until the "storm" has passed by. But each day offers us opportunities to praise and magnify God. 

I just received a text from a lady that went through a battle with cancer and the Doctor was afraid that it was reappearing. She just received some awesome news from the Doctor so I think that I will shout "Praise the Lord." Did I just hear someone join in with a HALLELUJAH? Christians need to rejoice and not allow the darkness and gloom of this world invade our minds and cause us to stop lifting our voices in praise. Can I get an AMEN from the church?

I read a story a few weeks ago and it was a blessing to me. I would like to share it with you now. 


Margaret Sangster Phippen wrote that in the mid-1950’s her father, British minister W.E. Sangster, began to notice some uneasiness in his throat and a dragging in his leg. When he went to the doctor, he found that he had an incurable disease that caused progressive muscular atrophy. His muscles would gradually waste away, his voice would fail, and his throat would soon become unable to swallow. 


Sangster threw himself into his work in the British home missions, figuring he could still write and he would have even more time for prayer. "Let me stay in the struggle Lord," he pleaded. "I don’t mind if I can no longer be a general, but give me just a regiment to lead." He wrote articles and books, and helped organize prayer cells throughout England. "I’m only in the kindergarten of suffering," he told people who pitied him. Gradually Sangsters’s legs became useless. His voice went completely. But he could still hold a pen, even though he shook very much.

On Easter morning, just a few weeks before he died, he wrote a letter to his daughter. In it, he said, "It is terrible to wake up on Easter morning and have no voice to shout, "He is risen!" -- but it would be still more terrible to have a voice and not want to shout."

Have a Praise Filled Day!!!

1 comment:

  1. LET'S JUST PRAISE THE LORD LET'S LIFT OUR HANDS TOWARDS HEAVEN AND PRAISE THE LORD YES WE NEED TO DO IT MORE LET SAY I NEED TO DO IT MORE YES PASTOR I NEED GOD MORE IN MY LIFE DAYILY THANKS

    ReplyDelete