Thursday, March 3, 2016

Praising God

Acts 16:24-25, So the jailer put them into the inner dungeon and clamped their feet in the stocks.   25 Around midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening.” (NLT)
My Dad is facing some health issues at this time in his life. His life has taught me many things through his years of service as a father, friend, mentor, life example as well as a Minister. But he is still teaching me during this challenging time in his life. Each time that we finish our conversations whether in person or on the phone he will share these words; "Son, keep praising God with me." Those words were once again spoken to me earlier this morning when I concluded a conversation with him. I sincerely feel that the Spirit was reminding me that our praise to God is always appropriate regardless of the situation that we are facing. 

I would also like urge you to consider that proposition in your life today. You may be facing a trial or enjoying a blessing. That really does not matter when it comes to praising God. No time is better than the present time. Look back and reflect on the presence of God. He was present in the trials as much as He was present in the blessings. He is with us today and even during our darkest moments we can look to God and realize that His love for us is still very active today. Let us sing our praises to God as we realize that we are not alone on this journey. The Lord is near to those whose hearts are turned toward Him.

Be encouraged and strengthened today as you offer your praise to God!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment