Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Tuesday's Thoughts

I did not realize that is has been one week since I have made a post on the blog. I have been ill and the illness took a large amount of my energy but it certainly did not drain my passion for those things that pertain to God. My illness was not a life threatening illness for sure but it was one that kept hanging around which leads to frustration, disappointment, aggravation when it comes to recovering from the doldrums of sickness. I can only imagine the feelings that individuals carry in their heart when they are facing major illnesses or trying to recover from serious injuries. I was reminded of that during prayer time this morning. There have been times in my life when I failed to fully comprehend the burden of concern that people were feeling as they were facing their challenge. Isn't it a blessing to know that God will use our "difficulties" to teach us to be more compassionate toward others when they are facing their difficulties? Thank you Holy Spirit for depositing "Truth" in my heart when I need it the most.

Illness also reminds us that we need the prayer support, words of encouragement, and the care and concern of others as we face those challenging moments of life. It may vary from one to another depending upon the seriousness of the challenge that we are facing. Although I did not feel very well my challenge of life would have been at the lower end of the scale. But even then it was a refreshing blessing to know that someone was praying. It was refreshing and encouraging to know that someone was concerned. It was a blessing to know that someone cared about me and the process of my recovering from this illness. I have even received a text from someone checking on  my well being even as I am writing this post.

I have shared these feelings for this purpose. We live in a world that is so busy with so many things that it is easy to become an isolationist. I mean it is easy to choose to live in your own private world with very little time being spent investing in the lives of others. I see this happening in families, among friends and even there are times that it rears its ugly head among the family of God. I don't believe that life was meant to be spent living in isolation. I believe live was meant to be spent interacting first of all with God and interacting with those individuals that God has placed in our lives. 

I encourage you to take time to talk with someone this Christmas season. I encourage you to take time to read the Christmas card or the Christmas email that someone may share with you. I encourage you to take the time to thank God for your family and friends. Each of them have made and will continue to make a difference in your life if you will keep your heart open to them. Take time to ask God to keep your heart soft, humble, genuine, sincere and open to His Spirit. I asked God for those very things as I prayed this morning. 

I do not want my heart to grow cold, calloused, indifferent and distant from the heart of God. I certainly do not my heart to be moving away from God. I desire for my heart to be moving toward God and toward those people He has placed in my life!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment