Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Tuesday's Thoughts

1 Peter 5:6-7: “Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.” (NKJV)

I had originally planned to share some post-Thanksgiving thoughts today but the Spirit would not given me the liberty to follow my plan. I am burdened this morning concerning the needs of so many people. I am reminded about these needs on a daily basis and the previous words are not meant to complain or cast any aspersions on the people that I engage in conversation. I consider myself an intercessor and intercessors are called and challenged to pray for the needs of others. I am thankful that God has given me the opportunity to pray for the needs of others. I am writing these words to remind each of you that the needs people are facing are real and the people facing these needs are real. Let me also add that many of these individuals enjoy a "healthy" relationship with Christ. 

But I also believe that the Spirit presented me with this "familiar" passage of scripture that renewed my hope and I believe the Word will be used to renew your hope in the midst of your daily challenges. Each of us need hope in some area of our life. Each of us are looking to God in some specific areas of our lives. Each of us have requests/needs that are very heavy on our heart day after day. I don't think that a heavy or concerned heart testifies that we don't have faith. I believe it testifies and reminds us that we are human beings and that we do not have the answer and that we are not able to solve the problem. 

DO NOT ALLOW THE FAMILIARITY OF THIS SCRIPTURE IN 1 PETER 5 KEEP YOU FROM HEARING THE POWERFUL PROMISE THAT GOD OFFERS US!!! He (God) reminds us and He (God) invites us to cast all of our cares upon Him. He even tells us the reason that that we can take this step of faith. HE CARES FOR YOU AND ME!!! 

Now it is my (your) responsibility to take the appropriate steps and take the appropriate actions by doing what God has invited us to do. I encourage you to join with me in bringing all of our cares/worries/anxieties/fears/battles/struggles/heartache/heartbreak/disillusionment/frustration/dis-appointment in ourselves as well as others/etc. and cast them upon Him. I feel better already and I am sure that you will feel that same sense of relief and strength.

PS: This post is dedicated to our special friend who is facing surgery tomorrow as well as any other individual who may be facing an unique challenge today or tomorrow. Blessings on all of you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment